Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New things.

I really enjoy new routines.  Things that start just as something you decide to try out, then become part of your everyday, your "thing."

Thankfully, putting on a pot of tea has become one of my things.

  Thanks to wedding registries I got all I needed last year.  Shout out to my sister for the teapot and my old college roommate Amanda for the DISHWASHER SAFE teacups....now that's what I'm talking about.

I am a devoted coffee addict, and while I always enjoyed a good cup of tea every now and then, I never really got obsessed with it until I started drinking the loose-leaf stuff.  You know, the fresh stuff, that hasn't been sitting in the grocery store (in a little bag inside a little box) for who knows how long.  That boxed stuff was okay, but when I started drinking loose leaf tea is when I really got hooked.  I used to load my tea up with milk and sugar, and now I love it so much nearer to its original state, because that original state is already so so good and flavorful, it hardly needs improvement... (okay...I still haven't kicked the sugar.  But a couple teaspoons for a whole pot of tea isn't awful, I don't think.)

I mostly get my teas from Teavana, which is in basically every mall in America.  A little overpriced?  Yeah, a little.  Overbearing store associates pressuring you to buy more and more?  Oh, definitely.  But the flavors are just SO good; and it's accessible.  So Rick and I recently headed out to stock up on new teas.  And, yes, we did leave there having spent $20 more than we originally planned.  Whatever, Teavana. You win this time.  Jerks.


But really though, a pot of tea goes for every occasion.

I just woke up?  Tea for breakfast, and Scripture.

It's 10 o clock at night?  I'll just put on some tea, and we can unintentionally finish the whole pot 0:)

Dinner time and it's still 85 degrees inside?  Well how about I heat up some water, and by the time the air conditioning kicks in good, we'll have some nice hot tea to keep us cozy...

Finished the first pot?  Well I better make another and put it in the fridge, everyone loves iced tea...

One would think that with the amount of tea in our lives right now we would not be drinking as much coffee.....unfortunately that's not the case.  Still spending hours on end in Starbucks and the Huv a Java on base, still giving the lovely Keurig its money's worth......it's not that easy to kick an addiction.

But at least I am able to add to it!

 Sorry girlie, it's not for you :o

2 comments: